Adventuring in Oxford and beyond 

10.08.2010

Sorry about that!

I haven't been keeping the blog updated as much as I would like. One reason is because I have done a bad job at taking pictures of all that's been going on. Another is because of what I did photograph, I can't edit - and I hate not editing photos before posting them. But since my computer has not arrived and won't for another 7 business days, some unedited photos will go up. I will put more up later. Promise.
This is what the last week (and a half, eek am I a bad blogger!) has looked like:

Apple-picking with friends  

Some of the "fruits" of our efforts (ha)


The beginning of Michaelmas term (aka fall semester, but only 8 weeks long!)
Wycliffe Hall, where Brandon spends a good bit of his days

Dinner at the Ramsdens (one of B's profs), where I was able to meet the rest of the OCCA students and eat amazing Greek food

Carrying home groceries 6 blocks by myself (and thereby discovering I can't buy milk and juice on the same day anymore)

Brandon's assignment and completion of his first essay (he'll get reviews today)

A visit to Port Meadow with a friend from NOOC
                                                                        
Ksenia, our Russian friend who lives upstairs
OCCA Brunch at the home of one of the tutors, Tom

A welcome dinner Saturday night at NOOC (our home)

A visit to the Eagle and Child pub with OCCA folks
Where Tolkien, Lewis, and other "Inklings" spent time
Discovering that our sea freight shipment is coming (once we paid a hefty duty to customs), but will still take another week and a half

A goodbye dinner (so soon?) to a NOOC resident and some amazing Spanish food
Javier cooked for his own goodbye party
Cooking hard and thinking hard
Making some new friends at the Oxford Newcomers' Club and spending an afternoon together at the Farmer's Market 
Leah: lawyer's wife, former kindergarten teacher, and fellow expatriate
This one is for the Sanders, who grow (grow? is that the right way to think of it?) free-range eggs in AL
Fruits and veggies galore
Having friends over for dinner for the first time in our teeny tiny flat (they were once residents here too so they understand!)
Andrew and Elf- two awesome Aussies
So there you are- all up to date as of Friday, October 8th. Short and sweet. Lots of ridiculous captions. Only took two hours to do (hopefully I'll get better at this).
This weekend we're going to visit Blenheim Palace so I hope to have lots to share on Monday!

    1 comment:

    1. That fresh produce looks wonderful! We love keeping up with y'all! Thanks for the updates. Oh and we loved the little tour of y'all's flat. Y'all are going to make so many great memories!

      Hellos from the deep south,

      Abbi (for the Fam)

      ReplyDelete