Adventuring in Oxford and beyond 

6.05.2011

Headington Hill

In the shops around here, I've found four-pane postcards with pictures of Oxford in all of the seasons, taken from one particular hill. For a while I thought it must be a hidden gem, known only to professional photographers who were willing to hike a few miles for this shot.

Silly me. Turns out it's just a hill in Headington, a village just outside Oxford. On Friday night Brandon and I cycled there to watch the sunset.

I'm glad we waited until summer to go there. Oxford is spectacular this time of year. The days are long (sunrise before 5 a.m., sunset after 9 p.m.!), warm (50s-70s), and often sunny. It was a great evening to visit.
 (Notice the bottom left-hand corner in the picture above. Doesn't it look like this casual BBQ has turned into a more desperate situation? [For those who are worried, I don't think anything really serious happened. I just caught it at the right moment.])



 And last of all, a silhouette of Magdalen Tower, taken on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment